Image by: Library of Congress
Art, Film, Dance, Music, and so much more throughout the DFW Metroplex!
The top art, theatre, music, film, and dance events that happen throughout the DFW Metroplex:
- Austin City Limits Music Festival (ACL Fest): This two-weekend festival, held in Zilker Park, features over 100 bands from a variety of genres, including Americana, blues, country, rock, and world music.
- South by Southwest (SXSW): This annual conference and festival celebrates the convergence of music, film, and interactive media. SXSW features hundreds of panels, workshops, and screenings, as well as live music performances from both established and emerging artists.
- Austin Reggae Festival: This three-day festival features reggae music from around the world, as well as food, art, and cultural activities.
- Fun Fun Fun Fest: This annual festival features a diverse lineup of indie, rock, and electronic music, as well as food, comedy, and art.
- Dallas Arts District Festival: This two-day festival features live music, dance performances, art exhibits, and food from local restaurants.
- Deep Ellum Arts Festival: This annual festival celebrates the arts and culture of Deep Ellum with live music, art exhibits, and food trucks.
- Fort Worth Art and Music Festival: This annual festival showcases art and music from across the Metroplex.
- Levitt Pavilion Music Series: This free concert series features a variety of music genres, from jazz and blues to rock and country.
- Oak Cliff Arts Festival: This annual festival features art exhibits, live music, and food from local restaurants.
- Texas Music Revolution: This annual festival features Texas music from all genres, including country, Tejano, and blues.
- Dallas International Film Festival: This annual festival showcases independent and foreign films from around the world.
- Fantastic Fest: This genre film festival features horror, sci-fi, fantasy, and cult films from around the world.
- Lone Star Film Festival: This annual festival showcases films made in Texas.
- Riverbend Film Festival: This annual festival features independent films from the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- Texas Film Festival: This annual festival showcases films made by Texas students.
- Dallas Art Fair: This annual fair features contemporary and modern art from around the world.
- Dallas Contemporary: This museum features contemporary art exhibitions.
- Nasher Sculpture Center: This museum features a collection of modern and contemporary sculpture.
- Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth: This museum features modern and contemporary art.
- Kimbell Art Museum: This museum features European art from the Renaissance to the present day.
Theater and Dance
- Dallas Theater Center: This Tony Award-winning theater company produces a variety of plays, musicals, and other theatrical productions.
- Dallas Opera: This renowned opera company presents a season of operas.
- Dallas Black Dance Theatre: This professional dance company performs a variety of classical and contemporary works.
- Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra: This renowned orchestra performs a variety of classical and contemporary music.
- Dallas Ballet: This professional ballet company performs a variety of classical and contemporary ballets.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens: This botanical garden features a variety of gardens and exhibits.
- Fort Worth Zoo: This zoo features over 7,000 animals from around the world.
- The Dallas World Aquarium: This aquarium features over 50,000 animals from around the world.
- Dallas Farmers Market: This farmers market features fresh produce, local food, and live music.
- Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District: This historic district features cowboy culture, rodeos, and live music.